Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby Bucket List (o:

After reading a recent post on my sister-in-law's blog, I decided to create my own "to do" list for preparing for our little guy to come! She had some great ideas that I will promptly steal and add on to. (Thanks!)

Before the fun list starts though, I've got to be practical. The list of things that NEED to happen (and as quickly as possible in my book!) are as follows:

1. Obtain permanent living headquarters. AKA get into that house as soon as possible! I'm in my 6th month of pregnancy now and that means nesting mode is in full blast. Which is a need that is difficult for me to satisfy at this point because there is no nest to be preparing at the moment. I just want to tackle a billion painting, organizing, revamping, cleaning, and baby-proofing projects all at once! Which brings me to the next thing on the list...
2. ... Moving! And cleaning, and getting things in place, and starting a nursery, and buying new decorations and home-living essentials and getting into some sort of daily routine...
3. But first - I need my mind to focus on something I CAN do while I'm waiting, which is school. I'm done on October 9th (hallelujah!), but wouldn't it be nice if my assignments were done even sooner???? I wish my nesting urges could be directly channeled into homework-accomplishing urges. If I can focus, I can get things done ahead of time. If I focus. And if I stay focused. With a focused state of mind.

Ok, on to more fun things I want to accomplish before our little peanut arrives (speaking of staying focused):

1. Slip-covers for our living room furniture, yes?
2. Work on and hopefully finish a Shutterfly wedding album (WHICH i started about 3 years ago...)
3. A valence for the kitchen and a valence for the baby's room
4. (Stolen from Linnea's blog) Christmas preparations! Including making/buying all the gifts possible and preparing baked goods which can be frozen in my wonderful in-laws' giant freezer until we acquire freezer space of our own (o:
5. Speaking of freezers- I'd like to find an upright or chest freezer on craigslist or in the classifieds for when we have our own place again.
6. (Also stolen) Freezing some meals for the crazy baby-loving days ahead this winter!
7. Saving, saving, saving our monies and doing lots of researched looking to be able to buy a new vehicle this fall.
8. Enjoying all the new fall ministries that Dan and I are jumping into this coming week!
9. APPLE SEASON! Making applesauce and apple pies!
10. Three of the four amazing baby showers that wonderful people are throwing for me - can't wait! (The fourth one will be after baby comes - looking forward to that one too!)

There are probably a million more things I could add to the list, but I'm thinking that 10 is a decently manageable number.

Baby is growing nicely and continues to show his health in sonograms and in his monthly check-ups (I had one this morning and all is great!). Love hearing that heartbeat. And I'm loving that I can feel him move every day. Sweetheart, I can't wait to actually meet you, but in the meantime I suppose I can be content with all the preparations it takes to get ready for your arrival! Love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment